Sail Blue Planet has its roots in Star Chaser Sailing, which we founded in 2006 when Boogie bought Star Chaser in Newport, Rhode Island.
Boogie had had the dream of running his own boat for race charters and cruising charters for a while and finally found the right boat, a beautiful Swan 51 from 1981. A complete UK refit combined with a great way of running the boat and a clever marketing program, led to several fantastic and successful years on the ARC, in the Caribbean and Europe, with very positive crew feedback. When we decided in 2010 to sell Star Chaser after successfully building up the business from scratch, we found a lot of our crew still came to us for advice. So we decided to continue helping people find the perfect boat for their sailing holiday, be it a relaxing island hop, an adventurous Greenland trip or some competitive racing.
With Sail Blue Planet, we can advise you and help you with race charters and cruising charters in Europe, the Caribbean, the USA and Australia as well as Atlantic crossings (including the ARC) and offshore passages. We have also partnered with some expedition type sailing yachts and can organise a stunning and adventurous Arctic trip or off-the-beaten-track sailing adventure.
Our program includes amongst others the following events:
- ARC, the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers – sailing across the Atlantic from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria to St Lucia
- Transatlantic Adventures – the other Atlantic crossing! Going from Antigua or St Maarten to the Azores and then on to the UK. In January 2012 you can even join us on Polar Bear for a return trip with a difference: St Maarten to the Canaries!
- Rolex Fastnet Race with a full campaign including training and qualifying races
- Grenada Sailing Festival
- RORC Caribbean 600
- Heineken St Maarten Regatta
- BVI Sailing Festival and Spring Regatta
- Les Voiles de St Barths
- Antigua Sailing Week
- JP Morgan Round the Island Race
- Cowes Week
- Voiles de St Tropez
- Rolex Middle Sea Race
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Race
- Newport Bermuda Race
- Relaxing cruising trips in the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, the UK/ Channel Islands, France and Australia
- Offshore passages and mile building trips
- Adventurous Arctic sailing expeditions in Greenland, Iceland, Jan Mayen and Norway – Arctic Circle Sailing
- Norway and Lofoten cruising and kayaking
- Corporate sailing, teambuilding events
Don’t forget to check the website for all the possibilities.
Can’t find the sailing adventure that you are looking for on our website? Contact us directly and if it is at all possible, we organise it for you!
Both Marlies and Boogie are keen racers and skippers and passionate about sailing (for a bit more background about us, have a look at The People behind Sail Blue Planet). They love sharing their passion with you and will make sure you have an unforgettable time on the yachts that you will be sailing on, whether it is a long dreamed about Ocean crossing, an adventurous Greenland kayaking experience, a corporate day in the Solent, a competitive regatta under blue skies, a warm sun or a relaxing island hop with white sandy beaches surrounded by picture perfect palm trees.
Would you like to know more about us and how we can help you find the perfect sail?
Email us or give us a call on +44 (0)7795566277!